Software updates are one of the neat things about owning a Tesla. Since I got my car three months ago, two software updates added features to the car that I didn’t have before. One arrived last night in time for Christmas. Here are some of the things added since I got my car:
- The radar can now detect two cars in front of me and react to mitigate a collision if that car stops suddenly.
- The audio equalizer went from 3 bands to 5 bands.
- I can pair my key fob with my driver profile, so it sets the seats and controls for me or my wife when we unlock the door.
- Instead of a satellite view of Earth imposed on the Google map, I can choose Mars.
- Improvements in the Audio interface including support for genres and artists, and voice searches.
- The map shows amenities near the Superchargers.
- New setting prevents cabin overheating in the car while parked.
- There is improved auto-steer performance.
- Cruise control works more smoothly.
- More voice commands are available.
- The car now has automatic map zooming, and full-screen map mode.
- There are several additional safety improvements.
More new things are expected before the end of the year.
Update: New navigation maps too!
Get $1,000 referral discount when ordering a Tesla through this link. Valid through January 15, 2017.